Moving from one place and settling at another requires careful planning. You have to take care of documents and legal procedures and make arrangements to shift your belongings to the new house. Along with these, you would also need to ship your vehicle fast, especially when there is no other convenient way to commute to the new place.
Some would like to drive their car themselves directly to their new home. However, it would be difficult to do so in case of long-distance rides. You have to take the help of a shipping company that would take care of your vehicle and delivers it with responsibility.
However, you need to know a few things about transport shipping services and your options before jumping the gun.
Understanding How the Auto Transport Broker Work
To ship a car cross country, you would either need to contact a carrier or a highly recommended broker like Ship a Car, Inc. They are providing door-to-door shipping services throughout the USA with expert teams for over a decade now. Their transport agent assists you in finding out the best rates and conditions available in the market.
Getting a carrier leaves you with limited options, whereas a vehicle shipping broker would give you multiple bids to choose from. An auto carrier company has its shipping truck and may have a fixed route of transport. However, a broker company has a connection with various carriers of different routes. They would give you more options of carriers for the same delivery location.
Available Options for Vehicle Shipping
You can choose different shipping options according to your budget and requirement –
- Open Carrier – It is a common type of auto shipping. Your vehicle goes on an open car carrier. Your car would be exposed to external elements like dust, rain, or sunlight. This option costs less than an enclosed one, somewhat around $1,000 to $1,400 for shipping across the country.
- Enclosed Carrier – As the name suggests, your vehicle would get into an enclosed carrier and be safer from minor mishaps on the road and weather. It would cost you around $1,800 to $2,000 for coast-to-coast shipping. You should ship your luxury and vintage cars in enclosed carriers with insurance.
- Economy Shipping – It is a cheaper option if you can spare enough time for the delivery of your vehicle. It is convenient when you have multiple cars and already drive one to the destination by yourself.
- Full-Service Shipping – You may have to pay more, but you can get a guaranteed date for pick-up and door-to-door delivery.
Important Questions You Should Ask Before Finalizing the Transport Service
- What would be the total cost?
- How to get your vehicle ready for shipping?
- What documents do you need?
- How much insurance coverage does the shipping service include?
- What are shipping options do they provide? Is there a door-to-door service?
- What if there is an accident en route?
You have to be careful of the ambiguous policies of the shipping companies. Make sure they are registered and have a valid license with transparent terms and conditions. Then, you can sort out the options that best fit your requirements.