An athlete or an avid exerciser needs to go through a lot of stress on his body that results in problems like pain, trauma, and injuries. Though we got many over-the-counter medications and some prescription methods to deal with this pain, they can sometimes be dangerous for our health. So, people who are looking for safe pain relief would be happy to know about CBD products that can give you relief and support as required.
You will be happy to know about CBD products that have the potential to lower inflammation and provide some non-addictive pain relief that can be beneficial for you and your sport. Leanna Organics is a CBD store that has CBD products made with organic ingredients. Their product CBD salve is non-toxic, which once rubbed on the skin can provide quick pain relief. You can check their website for more details on the product.
Here are some benefits of using CBD creams on athletes:
- Relieves pain: Any of the cannabis whether it is THC or CBD can provide pain relief including musculoskeletal pain from the exercise as well as the stiff joints. Thus, it has been found beneficial to provide pain relief for many athletes.
- Alternative to NSAIDs: As we all know that many athletes prefer to use over-the-counter anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs) like Ibuprofen and naproxen sodium for decades. But these medicines do have some side effects and overuse of such products can lead to heart attacks and stroke. In such cases, CBD is said to be a great alternative for this exercise-related pain with minimal side effects.
- Alternative to opioids: There are many opioid pain medications like morphine, codeine, oxycontin that are effective for this pain management. But these medicines do have a significant risk of overdosing that can lead to addictions and death. In such cases, cannabinoids might not be as effective as opioids but they can be useful in the long term if used along with other medications. On another side, it can also lower the chances of overdosing or addictions.
- Reduce Inflammation: Inflammation is a positive sign for athletes and training. However, too much inflammation can lead to hindrance in their recovery as well as performance. Many CB2 receptors are present both in the brain and the periphery, but they are mainly concentrated in the immune tissues. Thus, cannabinoids can bind with the CB2, which can cause anti-inflammatory effects by reducing the cytokine (cell production).
- Settle your gut: If you have any kind of inflammation in the guts during or after the exercise, then CBD can be effective for relieving these symptoms.
- Get better sleep: Sleep is very important for athletes who want to gain much from these sports training. So, athletes who consume CBD have seen getting much better sleep.
CBD products are available in many different forms like capsules, oils, and pills. You can inhale it, or take it in the form of sports drinks, recovery drinks, and many other forms of edibles. Just like we mentioned earlier, they are also available in creams or lotions that contain CBD oil as well as tinctures/ drops that can be placed under the tongue.