Your home’s plumbing system is out of sight and out of mind until there is a problem. Check out these tips to determine if you have a real plumbing emergency or if you have a plumbing problem that can wait.
Can You Stop the Flow of Water?
If you’re dealing with an overflowing toilet or a leaking sink, simply turning off the water source faucet on this fixture can stop damage instantly and buy you some time to hire a professional to
leak detection and fix the problem.
Is the Leak A Cry or A Flood?
- Reach out for leaks where if it is more like a drop, grabs a bucket, and catches it. The water so you can wait until you makes a scheduled repair.
- If your leak is filling the bucket quickly, your best bet is to call Oak Lawn Plumber and get a plumber in quickly.
Has Your Pipe Broken?
- Broken pipes can leak thousands of gallons of water and it can make massive damage to your home.
- If you can’t stop the water supply to the ruptured pipe, or if you have to turn off the main water supply around the house, it’s time to call an ambulance.
Do You Smell Gas from Your Water Heater?
- If you smell gas, act immediately, as this is an emergency situation.
- Water heater water may explode if the water pressure is too high or the relief valve is broken. Contact a professional.
- DOES YOUR boiler have a leak?
- In this case, switch off the power supply and shut off the water supply to the boiler.
- Start by emptying the tank and call a professional for help. Arrange a repair appointment.
Are Several Toilets Open at The Same Time?
- Residues from several toilets can indicate a blockage in the main sewer. A clog can force raw sewage back into your home.
- This is a plumbing emergency and must be addressed immediately.
Has Your Sump Pump Stopped Working?
- Sump pumps are designed to turn on automatically when excess water needs to be removed from the home. They can fail without proper maintenance.
- Turn off the pump and try a simple sump pump service.
Do You Hear Noise? Knocking or Banging from Your Pipes?
- Pipes and wires can make strange noises that can startle you, but most of the time it’s not an emergency.
- Check out strange line noises and what they mean.
Resolve Your Plumbing Problems with Same Day Service
Knowing the difference between a plumbing problem and a real same day service emergency can save you money and anxiety. As the oak turf plumber, we can help you determine if you have a problem that needs to be addressed immediately or if you can schedule a more convenient service call.